18 years in industry, 8 years’ Qlik experience, International Award Winning Team and UK Citizen.
Qlik | Business Intelligence | Data Engineering | Consultant | Manager | Software Developer | DevOps
B.ENG, Electrical – University Of Johannesburg 1995 – 2000
CT1 | CT2 – Faculty Of Actuaries UK 2014 | Financial Mathematics and Finance and Financial Reporting
QlikView11 Certification | Accounting (101, 102), Informatics (Non Degree Purposes) UNISA
CONSULTING MANAGER | SOUTH AFRICA QLIK MASTER RESELLER, JOHANNESBURG
AUGUST 2018 – AUGUST 2010
Award winning Team: Qlik International Master Reseller of the Year 2018.
Excellent Progression from Consultant to Consulting Manager.
» Expert Level – QlikView and Qlik Sense BI Consulting;
· Multiple Projects at South Africa’s big 3 Banks (incl’ Barclays Africa.) and Large Insurers (3 Million Members)
· Wide range of Industries: Banking, Insurance, Sales, Manufacturing, Non Profit, Fleet, Pharma, Mining.
· Developed BI for: Sales, HR, Finance, Debtors, Inventory, Bespoke, Extensions, Fleet.
» Management of Team – 6 Members;
· Transformed utilization from 54% to 79% utilised in 10 Months, in 2019, without losing staff 2019
» New Business Development;
· Implemented Enterprise Strategy; Deployed 4 Consultants into Large Bank on 6 Months Contracts 2019
· Pre-Sales: Proof of Concept, 18’000 User Site for QlikView to Sense Migration 2019
· Public Speaking – Presented at SAQlik Conference to 200 people 2017
· Training – Trained over 400 people on QlikView.
SENIOR SQL DEVELOPER | QUALICA TECHNOLOGIES, JOHANNESBURG
JULY 2009 – AUGUST 2010
Responsible for databases / support developers across company.
» Resolve SQL Replication Issues – Sybase ASE / ASA on System with over 100 replicated databases.
» Migrate Radix codebase 500k lines source, from Subversion to Git. Train incoming team on branching/merging/deploy.
RADIX FINANCIAL – TEAM LEAD | QUALICA TECHNOLOGIES, JOHANNESBURG
JANUARY 2004 – AUGUST 2010
System Developer, promoted to take over role played by Director and Architect.
» Full Product Life Cycle Experience, built from scratch to 100+ servers, deployed across 7 countries.
» Bank branch interface and bespoke GL for banking application.
» 10 Million+ invoices per year. System invoices £100M per year.
» DevOps – 3rd level support – 120 Linux Servers – Originally Debian, later Ubuntu LTE.
» Personally resolved over 1000 support tickets on technical problems for application, system administration and SQL replication.
» Quotes, Technical Specifications, Requirements analysis.
» Data migration of one of South Africa’s top five e-commerce sites (by monetary value)
» Manage the merging of the Radix Team into primary development team.
FREELANCE DEVELOPER | FREELANCE, JOHANNESBURG
MARCH 2003 – DECEMBER 2003
Various web projects + 7 month death march contract to develop the software that became the successful Radix Financial Project.
ISP and Embedded Team Lead | INFOSAT , JOHANNESBURG
MARCH 2001 – FEBRUARY 2003
Linux and Embedded Development, ISP specializing in the Satellite Bandwidth Distribution, Web mail and TV Set Top Boxes. Technologies; PHP, MySQL, LDAP, C++, C, IP Multicast, Delphi. Initially Developer, promoted to Team Lead.
» South Africa’s big 3 Banks: Multiple consulting projects, departmental and bank wide.
» Full Suite of QlikView Analytics for 3 Million Member Insurer ;
· QlikView Apps for New Business, Claims, Customer Master, Operations
· Migrated QlikView to Qlik Sense for Large Insurer
· Qlik Sense Apps for Customer Experience, NPS, Investment (AUM)
» JSE – Stock Market – I used 3 years of Orders and Trades data, to implement alternative order and trade pricing models for business to evaluate. 2 Billion Rows of Data.
» AUM model for a 300 Billion Rand Stockbroking Firm (Including calc daily balance for CFD)
» Full suite of BI Dashboards for one of the largest Steel Distributors in South Africa
» Personally Trained over 400 people in QlikView (2 days a month for 6 years.)
» Presented at South Africa Qlik Summit to 200 people.
» Qlik Sense, QlikView, NPrinting, QMC
» Qlik Extensions ( Example; Dynamic Visualisation of 8000 Parking Bays. )
» ETL ( Data Wrangling )
» Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase ASE, MySQL, REST data via APIs
» Consulting, Presentation, Communication, Manage, Negotiate
Hobby Coding | Learning Mandarin | Mountain Biking